Details for the 2017 Local Flavours Fest coming soon.
For now, check out the 2015 Local Flavours Fest menu. This years menu is sure to be just as tasty!
Local Flavours Menu
- Chef Philip at College Boreal – Braised lamb on savoy Cabbage
(Featured Producer: Pasture Hill Lamb)
- Culgins Creative Cuisine – Steak stuffed with pulled pork wrapped in bacon on mesclun greens
(Featured Producers: Burt’s Farm Beef, Rowantree Farms Pork, Mesclun Mix from Field Good Farms)
- Oh My Bakeshop – Salted Chocolate-Dipped Maple Oat Biscotti
(Featured Producers: Seguin Maple Syrup, Loonsong Oats)
- Café Petit Gâteau – Carrot Cake
(Featured Producers: Heirloom Coloured Carrots Field Good Farms)
- Helvi’s Catering – Vanilla Custard Varenne
(Featured Producers: Frey Farms eggs and Farquhar’s Dairy)
- Verdicchio Ristorante – Roasted Beets with Goat Cheese, Pumpkin Seeds + Chestnut Vinaigrette
(Featured Producer: Red Beets Leisure Farms, Golden Organic beets from Pfennings, Basswood Honey from Boards Honey)
- Garden’s Gate Restaurant – Whitefish Crepes from Manitoulin Island with beets, horseradish from the restaurant’s own garden
- Motley Kitchen – Crispy Latkes topped w/ smokey almond & chickpea, carrot and beet slaw, honey cilantro veganaise & pickles
(Featured Producer: Don Poulin Potatoes)
- The Townehouse – Grass Fed beef sliders
(Featured Producer: Penokean Hills Farms beef)
- Chef Jean at Co-op Boreal – Butternut squash soup + Cheesecake
(Featured Producer: butternut squash from Leisure farms and Cheese from Fromagerie Kaspuskoise)
At the fest we had tasting of beers, spirits and bitters from the following local businesses: Stack Brewery, Manitoulin Island Brewing, Rheault Distillery (Hearst) and Frape and Sons Bitters (Thunder Bay)!